BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday 12 September 2011

Consequences

My little man nearly hung himself yesterday morning!  I  acted quickly (as any mummy would) to free him.  We held each other tight as he cried.  At this point the circumstances of this accident ran through my mind and I realised just how close this had been and just how blessed we had been. 
It is so true that our smallest actions sometimes have the largest consequences.
The night before this happened I was so tired, so so tired! but I had a nagging feeling that I needed to clean the house.  It was already late and I sat on the sofa wrestling with myself, trying to get the energy to get up and clean....no I just couldn't do it, it would have to wait until tomorrow.  So I went up to bed.  Lying in bed I realised I hadn't read my scriptures yet, so I grabbed the bible and read a few passages from the psalms.  The passages I read happened to be about keeping the sabbath day holy!  "okay" I thought "I get the message"! So I prayed for the energy I would need to clean the kitchen so that I wouldn't have to do that work on the sabbath.  I trudged back down stairs but once I got to work I forgot all my tiredness and kept cleaning right up until midnight!  downstairs sparkled!
This may not seem to have anything to do with the accident but here's the link:  Usually on a Sunday morning I am running around frantically trying to get everything together.  Kids dressed and fed, snacks and bags to keep them occupied during church, lesson books and resources.....  On a Sunday morning I rush about only really paying attention to the little ones if they are crying or arguing! If they are quiet I assume they are playing nicely (dangerous assumption)!  I usually run a brush through Little Princesses hair as we are on the run (or even once we pull up in the car park at church).  Yesterday was different, it was peaceful, clean and calm (the way a Sunday morning should be)!  I was able to take time with the children, no rushing, no stress.  Everything was prepared.  I sat in Little Princesses room on her bed casually brushing her hair as she chose which hair band she would like.  Little man was in my peripheral vision on the window sill (we have very low window sills).  I became aware that he had stepped off the window sill but had not reached the floor!  I turned to look directly at him only to find his face bright red (it had only been 1-2 seconds)!  Before stepping off the window sill Little man had put the roller blind cord around his neck! There he hung, unable to make a sound because the cord was so tight!  Had I not been in the room there would have been nothing to alert me about what was happening!
I am so grateful for that verse of scripture the night before that motivated me enough to clean.  I'm so thankful for the energy the Lord gave me to clean so thoroughly so that I would not be too busy the next morning.  I am so Grateful to know the Lord watches over our little ones and that I was in the right place at the right time yesterday morning.
Needless to say, the roller blond cord has been cut! 

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...